It came as a surprise to me when Wonderlust Queen nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you Caterina. I love your African and Italian stories.
I have read many bloggers’ post about these awards and and I never thought I would qualify being a relatively new blogger with an even relatively small following with a niche, which is travel. This is one of a few post which I am making that’s not travel related.
Like the Wonderlust Queen, I think these awards are great for bloggers to connect and acknowledge each other’s work. I hope my readers would appreciate, read and follow the blogs I will nominate as I play along.
Here are my answers to Wonderlust Queen’s Questions:
- Do you prefer cats or dogs? Why?
On account of my transient lifestyle I have neither dog nor cat, however, I would choose a dog. From my interactions with both, dogs are more sociable.
2. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you like to be?
Even though I am where I always like to be which is, close to a beach, my next choice would be a cabin in a rainforest mountain, without modern amenities, enjoying total peace and quiet and fresh air.
3. Do you dance? If yes, what do you dance? If no, why?
I am from the English Speaking Caribbean so dancing is in our DNA. Dancing is our second language.
4. What’s your favorite quote (from a book, song, anything else …)?
There are so many but today this one resonated, as I pondered on my next travel blog post, that is going to be about the Eastern Caribbean islands of St. Kitts and Nevis which I visited very recently:
“Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” -Gustav Flaubert
5. When did you start using a smartphone
About 10 years ago. I can’t live without one.
Continuing to play along, the blogs which I nominate are:
- THE AFRICA BOOK CHALLENGE
- Frazier’s Racket
- Shoot from the Trip
- Travels with my Art
These are among my favorite blogs. I love reading, tennis, traveling, photography and art, so I’m happy to follow these blogs. Check them out if these topics interest you as well.
My questions for them are:
- Has any book influenced your decision to blog?
- Do you play and or watch sports?
- What’s your favorite destination?
- Do you prefer to be in front of or behind the camera?
- Who is your favorite artist/artiste?
I would have also like to have nominated Young Meets Free but he was nominated already.
1. Thank the nominator and post a link back to their blog.
2. Answer the questions the nominator has set out for you.
3. Nominate new blogs and set out questions for them to answer.
4. Notify the nominees of their nominations by commenting on their blog or social media
5. When creating your nomination post, list the rules and include the Sunshine Award logo in it.